The Crappy Poet

I'm a twenty-something edging past newlywed and new dog owner. I run, write, I work. What else is there besides the struggle to overcome all of that and make something of myself...

2.22.2006

The World Parade of Bad Hair

Okay, so first off, let's set this straight in terms of effort = accomplishment. Olympic figure skaters train 6 hours a day, 5 days a week. I get off the couch to run for nearly one hour three or four times a week. They have won numerous junior and world championships, whereas I can only really say that I have managed to never come in last in a local race of no consequence. BUT, all that aside, there was some really bad hair in the women's figure skating competition last night. It ranged from several Evita buns to bizarre medusa tendrills to just really bad haircuts period, the viewing of which can only lead me to assume that there is not a decent hairstylist in all of the Russian Federation. Also, no decent do it yourself hair dye, either. I mean, is the Olympics not a big enough even in a young woman's life that she can't touch up her roots? How could the Italians, of all people, allow that kind of style to go uncorrected. Weren't there designer gowns worn at the opening ceremonies as a tribute to their country's contribution to style? And yet, we let the Russians go on and skate an entire program--probably the biggest event of their life--with black roots showing through a bad Sun-In job? It just doesn't make sense to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home