The Crappy Poet

I'm a twenty-something edging past newlywed and new dog owner. I run, write, I work. What else is there besides the struggle to overcome all of that and make something of myself...

3.16.2006

Weird Al Burtovic

Last night my husband and I were watching Four Brothers. The movie has a bunch of previews, one of which is for Hustle and Flow. As you may know, that whole movie is centered around the creation of a song, "It's hard out here for a pimp." They sing the refrain several times during the preview. I was sitting there holding our 3 month old baby daschund, and singing along to the dog, "You know it's hard out here for a pup..." and at that moment, my very white husband chimed in with his soulful parody of the next line, "Tryin' to find a nipple he can suck."

One day we are going to embarrass a young child to death. CPS, consider this your warning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home